Hello from Idaho

BigWapiti

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Idaho
We are looking to get four chicks in the next week or so (as soon as I can get a brooder setup in the garage). We are primarily looking for laying hens and as we live in town, would prefer docile, and easy for kids to manage, recommendations welcome. I am also looking for a backyard coop but not wanting it to break the bank. Should I buy or build?

Thanks

Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. You can sometimes find decent coops on craigslist for not too much. Just depends on what kind of coop your looking for. My Buff Orphingtons & Golden sexlinks are very sweet ladies. Best of luck
jumpy.gif

welcome from utah.. im new here also. signed up about ten minutes ago. i did some research with the same questions you had and i ended up getting 15 red stars (red sex link). so far they seem to be real friendly (3 weeks old) and seem to be getting friendlier every day. God luck in your adventure

Hello, just have to laugh a little, I was on a mission to build a coop, but my spouse said your not building no coop in my back yard,. So I bought one. We both got a kick out of that later.lol.

Back
Top Bottom