1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Indiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ninefamily, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ninefamily

Ninefamily New Egg

Apr 6, 2016
    I am a new chicky mom. I have 3 Rhode Island and 3 yellow something. I am slowly learning and any new tips would be wonderful. Here is pic of my pomeranian with the chicks. This was after we have had them for a week and half. [​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate You might like to post some pics in the what breed gender section, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I'm sure members there will be able to help you ID your chicks.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please supervise your dog, a lot of toy breeds seem to love chickens in the wrong way. Better safe than sorry.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by