Hello from Indiana

meekasmom

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I discovered BYC and am so glad to have joined this forum. I always wanted a few chickens since moving on some acreage. My husband said "NO". This spring 2 hens wandered out of no where in my backyard and I caught them and they have been herre ever since. I named them Henny Penny & Henrietta. I think they are Golden Buffs and they each lay a jumbo egg everyday. My husband became attached to them and built them a "chicken condo" from a plan we saw on the BYC website. I love my hens. They know their names and come running to me when I call them. I let them free range during the day. For the winter they have a heated waterer, heating pad and lights on a timer in their condo. With what we have spent building and equipting the hens; I figure my eggs are worth about $40 a dozen. In the spring I would like to get a couple more hens. I'm glad to have found this group because I still have alot to learn.

welcome-byc.gif

I was sitting in the run the other day and was thinking about how it reminds me of an aquarium. There is constant activity, little humming (buuuurk) noises, sedative contentment... It is a good healthy addiction.
Welcome to BYC!

warm welcome from an imp in Washington

We're glad you found us too, and good of you to take Henny Penny and Henrietta in.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom