Hello from Indiana!!

Sillydreamer

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 31, 2011
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Not new to chickens. I got my first chickens in 2005. My husband and in-laws thought we should get them to raise to eat...lol; they all ended up my pets.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 45 chickens right now.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Even though I have had chickens, I am still not an expert on breeds but I am pretty sure this is how they break down.

6 Aracuana (EEG?)
4 Bantams
30 white chicks that were hatched at a local school as a project and then when the kids were done they needed homes. I have no idea what they are.
1 Large White Rooster
2 Buffs
1 Red
1 ????? cutie pie

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I have been a lurker here since I first got chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Anything outside, in the pool, hiking, fishing. Shopping, mani/pedi time, reading... BBQ with the family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married, 2 kiddo's 21 & 14. Daughter just graduated with highest honors Purdue University, Son is starting his freshman year. My husband and I both work for the State. He with Dept. of Corrections and I in the Dept. of Child Services. I'm a sucker for a furry face and have 4 dogs (Great Pyr, PitBull, Black and Tan, and a Cairn terrorist...umm I meant terrier), 2 cats, a menagerie of chickens, 4 ducks and 2 goats (one pygmy; he lost his mate recently so we have just added a new "fainting goat" to our crew. He is adorable... I wont let anyone scare him. I think it is mean
smile.png
).

74081_hello_sweety_chick_-_copy.jpg

Hi Sillydreamer! Welcome to BackYard Chickens!
smile.png

I hope you enjoy it here, because it's not only fun lurking and reading, but it's super

fun to be able to talk to all the amazing people here!
smile.png

-Scissor

Back
Top Bottom