Hello from Indonesia

cheequechick

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2015
Indonesia
Hi guys,

I'm a new member of BYC :) Thanks to BYC Support who helped me with forum registration problem. Oh, I'm from Indonesia. A Tropical country. Actually, I've been lurking this forum since 2014, but at that time I didn't have space to keep chicken. So, I just read and looked at the pics here.

I had a rooster when I was a kid. I bought him when he was only few days old. He was very tame to me, but unfortunately very fierce and mean to my siblings, and because of that...when I was in school, my parents caught him and cooked him
he.gif

I moved from my old house on August 2015, and I finally have space and can have Backyard chicken :D I bought a pair of Dutch Bantam Chicken. The hen already had 3 eggs. But only 1 hatched. So, I bought 2 DOC to accompany the newly hatched chick. I was told they are ISA Brown. I research the chicken code,. it was CP909 from Charoen Pokphand. And I raised the ISA Brown with the 1 hatched chick. They are around 15 weeks now.

The Dutch Bantam hen already hatched 3 more babies though. 1 pullet and 2 cockerels. So, currently.. I have 8 chicken :D Not much, but I know chicken math.. and it can be crazy very soon
celebrate.gif

Nice to finally join BYC. I might share some pics later.

Thank you

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear you lost your roo when you were a kid. Hope you are able to post some later, would love to see your birds.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Thank you, guys... These are 3 of my chicken. In the 2nd pic, you can see 2 of my ISA and 1 baby Dutch Bantam roo.
He is crowing now, and looks good actually with shiny black/green/red feathers :D

Those hen should start laying eggs in the next few weeks. They are 15 weeks now.

and this is their run. It's pretty long actually. Around 2.4 m x 10 m ( 8 x 33 feet). The wall is 4m high (13 feet). We don't have predator birds here in my area.

Back
Top Bottom