Hello from iowa!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ducker, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Ducker

Ducker New Egg

Jun 17, 2016
    Been lurking for awhile, thought I would join. Always had chickens when I was a kid, decided to try it again 20 years later. We have BB Red, Blacktail Japanese, and a few Buff Orpingtons. One of our BT Japanese hens just hatched out 9 babies yesterday, so little and funny. Looking to get into Belgian D'Uccles but having a hard time finding any around here after attending several swaps. an'y wait to get to know everyone!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Congrats on the broody hatch! Always fun to watch momma and babies, they way she cares for them and all.

I am not sure where you might find some Belgian D Uccles. You could try or Buy Sell and Trade section perhaps....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

For fun, here is our D Uccle thread you can do some chatting in...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/269521/duccle-thread

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock! :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your hatch! :D Nature sure is a marvellous thing and watching those little chicks is so much fun. Fingers crossed you can find some Belgian D Uccles :fl

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Wow I am so happy you decided to join BYC Ducker! Many of out members lurk for a while before deciding to join! That is quite a variety of chickens. I am so happy you decided to start raising chickens again as they are a great animal to raise and have as a pet. The Blacktail Japanese Chickens are new to me so I am very interested in what they look like...

I am now a huge fan! [​IMG] Maybe I should get a couple for my own thanks Ducker! I am also not familiar with Belgian D'Uccles, but as Two Crows said follow that link to our buy sell and trade forum where you may be able to find one. Well again welcome to our roost and we welcome your very unique flock with open hands. Take care!
    Justin [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to have you join us at Backyard chickens.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. You have some great links already, from TwoCrows which i hope will point you in the right direction for getting the breed you want.

Good luck
    CT

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Congrats on the hatch and best of luck with your D'Uccle search!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

10. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hi and welcome to BYC I am glad you could join the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by