Hello from Jacksonville, FL!

mckeecoop

Hatching
Jul 8, 2016
Jacksonville FL
Hello! My name is Autumn, and I figured I'd introduce myself! My dad and neighbor and I plan on having a coop and getting some chicks here soon
big_smile.png
. We've never owned chickens before and are planning on putting it in my neighbor's backyard (due to lack of space with our pool), and my dad is going to build it himself. We are so excited to have a coop, have new pets, and get ourselves some fresh eggs (no meat, my neighbor and I are vegetarian and wouldn't want to eat them anyway). We hope to get about 6 chickens to add to our zoo of, 3 dogs, a bearded dragon, a chinchilla, a snake, and my neighbors' two cats! I chose to join this group so I could learn new information and see all of the cute coops and chickens
yippiechickie.gif
. Is there anyone else out there from the Jacksonville area?

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Autumn and welcome to BYC! I'm a vegetarian too! How long have you been vegetarian for? And it sounds like you have a fun zoo!
tongue.png
Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Only a year and a half, it was kind of hard at first considering I am vegetarian and no one else in my family is. But yes, we have quite the zoo!
lol.png
We love our little family members!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Hey Autumn! I'm from Jacksonville FL too!! I also try to be a vegetarian and I own a whole lot of pets too! And I'm 14 too! Welcome to BYC!!
-Liv
ETA: Spelling etc

Last edited:
Only a year and a half, it was kind of hard at first considering I am vegetarian and no one else in my family is. But yes, we have quite the zoo!
lol.png
We love our little family members!
tongue.png

Oh that's so cool and I know what you mean! I went vegetarian in sixth grade (almost six years ago now!
ep.gif
) and my parents were super skeptical at first, but now they're vegetarian too! Anyways good luck with your flock and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom