Hello from just outside Houston

shibo

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Humble
My husband, 2 kids, and dog are very new to the world of chickens. About 5 weeks ago we picked up a protect car and the kids got two chicks from a small farm about 30 miles away from us. I have no idea what the feather brains are other then highly entertaining to watch rolling in the dirt and annoying our dog. I happened upon this little slice of chicken paradise when I was looking for coop ideas and information on the chicks. Glad I found it. We are just outside Humble and just north of Houston.
My mother had chickens growing up along with outer livestock, horses, poultry and fowl and she is a wealth of information on how to bring up the feather dusters. She can't wait for them to be old enough to lay eggs and has told me many a story about her experiences. (Please let them both be girls)
With the way things are now I think a back yard flock be it two or twenty is not a bad idea, it's green, it's organic, and heck it's fun.

welcome-byc.gif

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom