Hello from Kansas City, MO

I just got mine from Heartland Hatchery. They do chick days and are still available. Their Facebook page has more info than their website as far as when and where...

Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

Hi there,

I'm so happy to hear more of us in Kansas City are getting chickens.
I love my girls. We thought about going to Heartland but instead checked out Craigslist and drove to Atlanta, MO. We got 2 bantam gold laced cochins, an olive egger, four lavender orpingtons, and a porcelain D'uncle. Wonderful people out there.
We stopped at a feed store and across the street was a reserve for a certain kind of deer. So cool. Now we have several chickens to sell. I wish we could keep all but as opposed to our previous groups of chicks, most ended up being hens. We've had to get rid of about 15 because they were all roosters. So sad when you raise a chick and four months later, even though you bought them from pullet labeled containers, they turn into crowing machines.

We hope you enjoy you chickens, what did you get?

8 jersey Giants, 7 red sex links and 6 black sex links.. Jersey Giants were straight run, so we'll see if I have some jersey giant roosters to give away later on..I look forward to learning more from everyone on here! Thanks again!

Hi there,

I'm so happy to hear more of us in Kansas City are getting chickens.
I love my girls. We thought about going to Heartland but instead checked out Craigslist and drove to Atlanta, MO. We got 2 bantam gold laced cochins, an olive egger, four lavender orpingtons, and a porcelain D'uncle. Wonderful people out there.
We stopped at a feed store and across the street was a reserve for a certain kind of deer. So cool. Now we have several chickens to sell. I wish we could keep all but as opposed to our previous groups of chicks, most ended up being hens. We've had to get rid of about 15 because they were all roosters. So sad when you raise a chick and four months later, even though you bought them from pullet labeled containers, they turn into crowing machines.

We hope you enjoy you chickens, what did you get?
I have 2 red (i think it starts with a c) dunno what its called and one white plymouth rock.

Back
Top Bottom