Hello from Kansas...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chvymn99, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 New Egg

Nov 22, 2012
    Been cruising this site for some time now, ok since Apriish. When I started to thinking about getting my chickens. Well, I figured I'd go ahead and sign up. This site has provided me with a lot of useful information and ideals. Thanks.

Well, the feedstore that I get my dog food from got them little buff balls in around Easter. Well my girlfriend went in the week before, and said they are sooooo cute. Well that was all that was needed to get the ball rolling. I went the Friday of Easter week. I was only going to get 3 or 4, but he said that if I was going to aim at keeping that number. I needed 6 to 8, cause I might have some die off. Well as my luck would have it all 8 survived so far. Now, I've got 3 laying and two others that are just starting to lay. And I'm eating more eggs than I've ever eaten before. I've been giving and selling a few to friends here and there. Then I just recently got three more to add to my flock from a friend that decided that they were going to get rid of there flock and start over in the spring. Well, one of those three was a rooster, who is now in the freezer waiting for a good o'l pot of noodles this winter. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get the new birds in with the original flock. Which when I tried originally they kept them at bay in the coop all day long. So I segrated in my old dog pen beside them. And when I increase the size of the run, I think they will adjust a little bit better hopefully. If not they will have to figure it out soon.

I'll try to post pics later on. Thanks for all the information that has made the chicken days fun filled and fulfilling.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from a fellow Kansan and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! It's always good to see fellow Kansas folks on BYC!!! Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, happy Thanksgiving, and welcome to the flock

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by