Hello from Kennewick (Tri-Cities) Washington

One of my 2 chicks is a cockerel. They are 4 months old now. Due to city laws we cannot have a rooster but I love him very much and want a good home for him. Anyone have any ideas where he can go or what I should do?

It's really hard to rehome cockerels, but start by advertising him everywhere. Put emphasis on his name, individual characteristics, personality. Everyone has a common-breed-feed-store-cockerel to get rid of, but what makes YOURS special? You need to be a real salesman to find a home for a rooster. I'd recommend posting on Craigslist, local chicken Facebook groups, making an ad here on BYC in the Buy/Sell/Trade section, and putting up good old fashioned posters.

It's really hard to rehome cockerels, but start by advertising him everywhere. Put emphasis on his name, individual characteristics, personality. Everyone has a common-breed-feed-store-cockerel to get rid of, but what makes YOURS special? You need to be a real salesman to find a home for a rooster. I'd recommend posting on Craigslist, local chicken Facebook groups, making an ad here on BYC in the Buy/Sell/Trade section, and putting up good old fashioned posters.
Good advice.

Back
Top Bottom