Hello from Ky! :-)

perryspatti

Chirping
6 Years
May 5, 2015
Founder this site while looking for info on the dead baby bunny I found in our rabbit cages this morning. Super excited! We are building off grid and will be starting our chickens soon. Currently we just have bunnies and are expecting a gilt hog soon so we built the hog fence instead of the chicken tractor this weekend. I'm a first timer, he's an old hand. Thanx for letting us join You all!

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh I am so sorry about your bunny!
hugs.gif
We do have a section that you can chat with other rabbit owners here on BYC....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

Good luck with getting off the grid! Have have some solar things around here to take the load off the electric bill. But it is nice to be self sufficient just because. If you have any questions about your chickens once you get started, you know where we are!

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock!

Thanx so much! There hasn't been a homestead on this property over 50 years so there are not any utilities there. Currently we haul in water by the gallon and only use solar and propane

I have changed my avatar to a picture of 5 of the chickens we just got yesterday! I am so excited! We purchased 13 Isa Brown chickens. they are about 9 weeks old. As we were at our house in town, we put them in bunny cages with cardboard on the bottom for over nite. they did great, except when I went in with a day glow orange shirt! Poor little things! I nearly scared them to death. Just spoke to my partner, he has their run built and they are happily pecking around! he will finish the tractor while they hang out in their run. Can't wait to get to our homestead tomorrow! bringing 3 of my grandkids to see the homestead and the bunnies and chickens! will be a great day!
Super excited to begin this journey!

Back
Top Bottom