Hello from Lansing, MI

Chickynugs

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2021
Lansing, MI
Hello Everyone, just doing an introduction should anyone ever want to vette me here!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to raising chickens. Years ago my partner's mother was looking at getting hens in Sacramento, and we found a breeder who had a pair of lovely Buff Orpingtons and Silkies. Since then, we have always wanted to raise our own flock, and now that we actually own a house, are looking to start a flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

As of this posting, we actually have 4 chicks we got from a local seller in the area, however it appears that 3 of the 4 are all male. We are looking to either return the chicks, or rehome the roosters due to city ordinances.

(3) What breeds do you have?

From the chicks we got, we have 2 Buff Orpingtons (one male and one female), a Lavendar Orpington (male), and a Barnevelder (male)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We will see as we raise our flock! Though I do find chickens to be beautiful animals.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Miniature painting, editing videos, and other assorted computer related tasks. Slowly trying to get into gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I work in IT in Michigan right now, and live with my partner, our fur-son Dexter (Cat), and Tarantula.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Found through google, though have been lurking for a on here and reddit's backyardchickens subreddit.

Back
Top Bottom