Hello from Lapeer

Cindosha

Chirping
Jun 15, 2021
Southeast Michigan
Hello everyone. I am a new member and we just started raising our flock. We moved to 8 acres in the country 18 months ago and we will retire here. Our chickens are about 6 weeks old and we are just finishing up building the chicken coop and are excited to get them into their new home.....and its not because of the smell or dust in the laundry room (wink, wink) LOL!! We have 9 chickens, two all black Ayam Cemani (Pansy and Velvet), a gray Olive Egger (Emerald), two Easter Eggers (Nutmeg and Marigold), a Mystic Marans (Magpie), a Barred Rock (Poppy), a golden laced Wyandotte (Tiger Lily) and a Silver Laced Polish (we named her Gracie because she was so tiny as a chick that we think the others were bullying her and she was half-dead in the brooder but we removed her, healed her up and by the Grace of God, she is still here, and my fav!!). We are new to the chicken keeping world and I am sure we are going to have 100's of questions!! I'm hoping to get some help from the experts from this site to help us navigate this new adventure!!!

Hello everyone. I am a new member and we just started raising our flock. We moved to 8 acres in the country 18 months ago and we will retire here. Our chickens are about 6 weeks old and we are just finishing up building the chicken coop and are excited to get them into their new home.....and its not because of the smell or dust in the laundry room (wink, wink) LOL!! We have 9 chickens, two all black Ayam Cemani (Pansy and Velvet), a gray Olive Egger (Emerald), two Easter Eggers (Nutmeg and Marigold), a Mystic Marans (Magpie), a Barred Rock (Poppy), a golden laced Wyandotte (Tiger Lily) and a Silver Laced Polish (we named her Gracie because she was so tiny as a chick that we think the others were bullying her and she was half-dead in the brooder but we removed her, healed her up and by the Grace of God, she is still here, and my fav!!). We are new to the chicken keeping world and I am sure we are going to have 100's of questions!! I'm hoping to get some help from the experts from this site to help us navigate this new adventure!!!
Welcome to BYC! Feel free to ask me any questions you have here! :welcome

@Cindosha, hello! Is that Lapeer, MI? I'm from Belding, MI. :frow

Congratulations on your chicks, and Gracie's recovery. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The knowledge here is vast. We were all new to this at one point and helped us, so we're here to help you too.

Pictures of your chicks are always welcome. :)
Thanks Sally, yes Lapeer MI, actually Dryden. I'm not sure where Belding is but I'm off to google it!! LOL

I'm at work so I will post pics later in the day...thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom