tweetysvoice

Songster
8 Years
Dec 30, 2011
Lawrence, KS
My Coop
My Coop
Howdy all!

I've been lurking on this forum since October, in anticipation that my husband would finally allow me to raise a few chickens
smile.png

I have raised just about every other animal there is, except chickens. I grew up with a flock at my grandmother's house, so I had a general concept - just not the details.

He's finally agreed and even started become excited about the prospect of having 3-4 chickens in the spring. We have a greenhouse that we will be converting into a coop throughout the winter months and have already started patching holes in the fence surrounding our property to keep bunnies out of my garden and chickens in the yard. We are allowed up to 20 hens in our town (no roosters) but I'm planning on having about 4 hens to keep us supplied in eggs.

I have gained SOOO much information from this website that I can't stop reading and absorbing all of this great information!
Please be patient with me if I ask a silly question, I'm sure i'll need to hit up the "professionals" with questions that I can't already find answers to!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington State glad you joined us!
We enjoy silly question, we have all asked silly questions at one time!!!

Back
Top Bottom