1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by maggiegirl, Mar 22, 2017.

1. maggiegirl

maggiegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I just wanted to say good morning and that I am so very excited to be here! I am just beginning my chicken adventure, I picked up my baby chicks 4 days ago, 2 buffs, 2 easter eggers, 2 speckled sussex and 1 golden wyndotte. I have already fallen in love with these adorable little chicks and am really hoping to keep them healthy and happy! I've been doing research for quite a while and have finally taken the plunge! I have so much to learn and can see that this website is a wealth of information. Looking forward to meeting some fellow chicken lovers.

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Those are some lovely breeds you have there.

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, maggiegirl, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! BYC is the best place I know for helpful information and friendly advice! Best wishes and thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You have the makings of a very nice mixed flock, glad you're enjoying them!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The Learning Center above, is the best place to start a chicken education. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under maggiegirl [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. maggiegirl

maggiegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks QueenMisha! I loved reading about Norman the Rooster !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by