Hello from Louisiana!

If you feel up to an hour drive I have eggs due to hatch in a little less then 2 weeks and you are welcome to a pair of Millie fluer or blue Cochin chicks, assuming the rest of the incubation goes without flaw. I don't think the natchitoches feed store normally sells chicks.

Last edited:
If you feel up to an hour drive I have eggs due to hatch in a little less then 2 weeks and you are welcome to a pair of Millie fluer or blue Cochin chicks, assuming the rest of the incubation goes without flaw. I don't think the natchitoches feed store normally sells chicks.
That would be really nice, thank you! Where are you located?

I *think* only Tractor Supply Co here sells chicks and they have a minimum of 6.

Leesville, right next to fort Polk. An hour drive. We moved from natch. about 6 months ago. It will be about 2 weeks though. We do have feed stores here that regularly sell chicks with no minimum number if you don't wish to wait.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Leesville, right next to fort Polk. An hour drive. We moved from natch. about 6 months ago. It will be about 2 weeks though. We do have feed stores here that regularly sell chicks with no minimum number if you don't wish to wait.

2 weeks isn't bad and Leesville isn't that far. I got all excited and was telling Hubby last night though and he rained on my chicken parade with "Where are you going to put them?"
tongue.gif

I have a doghouse I'm going to convert into a coop but he pointed out I'll still need a run (our backyard isn't fenced) and I should have it built before any chickens, baby or otherwise, comes home.

I knew I should have snuck them in and just waited for him to notice. (Kidding, totally kidding. I'd never do that!)

I'll keep watching your postings for hatching status and see where I'm at. I'm hopeful.

Hi Sarah,

My name is Susan and i live in Deville, La outside of Pineville/Alexandria. Two Christmases ago, my husband bought me Storey's "Raising Chickens" He had been talking chickens for awhile back then.and I was a little apprehensive..He was away at work when he emailed me and told me he had researched and decided he wanted Delawares. Needless to say , the minute I brought them home they became my babies!! I am thinking of adding to my flock this year. I wish you the best of luck!!

Back
Top Bottom