Hello from Ma.

mapleman3

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Hello folks, My name is Jim, I think I used to be on this forum years ago but anyway, we had chickens with flocks from 4 to upwards of 60 hens at one time we had them for about 10+ years then got out of it for a few years. well I missed them and my wife hatched some at school again so here we are back into it with 9 birds..... white leghorns, looks like 5 are roosters so they will go to the freezer when they get old enough.

they are about 5 weeks old and too big for the kitchen so we moved them into the coop today, still cold temps at night but they should be fine since they are pretty much feathered out and heat lamp and much shavings for insulation. it will stay closed up for about 3 more weeks once the run is re built they can go out during the day

I am looking forward to having them again. funny when you don't have the fresh eggs and the fun of them prancing around you really do miss them .
I just hope this time I don't hold on the the older ones as long as I used to. learning to let go and learning to put them on the dinner table so they wont go to waste.

great to be back and have fun with y'all

Jim
Western Ma.

Greetings from Kansas, Jim, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have with us! Happy you re-entered the world of chickens. Good luck to you and your flock!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC....again :)

I can't imagine life without chickens either. Good luck to you on your 2nd venture

Back
Top Bottom