Hello from Maine!

gimpychicken

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Southern Maine
Hello BYC! I'm new here, but I've been reading for a while. I have 16 chickens and parents that have been on here for a while. I figured it was time for me to create an account, so I did! :) happy to be here and I'm sure this will be an adventure! :woot Yes, I have a gimpy chicken haha, her name is monster, she's a speckled Sussex that we found as a chick At a feed store. She was being thrown around by evil turkey chicks, and upon further inspection, we saw she had a broken leg because of it, needless to say, we brought her home, fixed her up, and now she's getting big with a slight limp. :cd

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Monster is lucky you found and were able to save her! The Speckled Sussex are nice birds.

Glad you rescued her. Feed store people don't seem to care for their live stock very well. Welcome to Backyard chickens, very glad you joined us.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
gig.gif

I have a speckled sussex. They sure are lovely and talkative birds!

Thanks! Yes I have heard that speckled Sussex are wonderfully friendly birds, monster will climb right into my lap and she'll come when called, but I've also heard that they're bullied mercilessly by other breeds :( I have a feeling this is why she was the only gimpy one of the bunch. She was in a pen with birds her size, turkey chicks, and birds much bigger than her so I've no doubt that she was the bottom of the pecking order. But here she is a total barn brat.... Most pampered little chicken you'll find! Haha :love

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your birds!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm glad you were able to rescue the Speckled Sussex. Speckled Sussex are very friendly and gentle birds. My children made lap pets of ours. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Besides your Speckled Sussex, what other kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom