Hello from Marilyn and me.

Ibe-1chick

Chirping
Jun 16, 2019
Hello and glad I found this site! I woke up one morning about 5 weeks ago and found a baby chicken in my back yard. She hasn’t left. She is so friendly and sweet and I have enjoyed her immensely.
Just need to learn about the chicken life and incorporate her into my already crazy life.
I have named her Marilyn Monroe because she was beautiful and blonde.
She is what I believe a Buff Orpington. She seems to be around 9 weeks old.
My best guest.
She is the sweetest little thing so far, but I haven’t gotten her a chicken coop yet. I am hoping I can make one for her. The ones for sell or extremely expensive. Right now she is in large dog cage at night and she runs free in my back yard, well rather close to the back door.
She was attacked by a neighbors dog a couple weeks ago and she was saved just in time. She hurt her leg, but seems to get around ok, but you can tell it still bothers her.
I believe it is the hock. I just google everything because I know nothing!! Lol
Well I hope to learn from all of you here in this amazing website.
Any suggestions are very much welcomed!
Thanks
Norma, Marilyn’s maid. Lol

Hello, Norma, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Have you looked through some of the small coop articles here on BYC? You might find something within your budget that you can build for her.
Do you have a shed that you could convert into a coop?
As Shad has already suggested, she needs some friends of her own kind.
Good luck with her. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens. Marilyn has many needs, protection from predators: dogs, cats, fox, hawks, snakes and whatever others you have in your area. Everything Loves(to eat) chicken.

Chickens are flock animals and do best with other chickens. She also needs to be fed
proper chicken food - in this case maybe Grower feed(for chicks) etc.

Back
Top Bottom