Hello From Maryland

Welcome to BYC!
D.gif

frow.gif
Hello and welcome to BYC! It's nice to meet you. We had guinea pigs a few years back. They were so cute.

Hey there! I am a newbie as well. I am in Baltimore City and just getting into the backyard chicken world. So much to learn. Probably will not help you much with expanding YOUR knowledge- unless you want to watch as I make a million mistakes in my new hobby!
smile.png

Baltimore City allows you to have 4 chickens, but no roosters (or ostriches or emus, ha!). I talked to a great guy at animal control who was really helpful. I applied for the permit and ordered my coop, so will wait for the inspection by animal control before springing for new chicks. We do not have time to build a coop even though it was much cheaper. We went to Horizon to check them out and, while the pricing onsite was about 1/3 of the online price, the quality of construction seemed really poor. So I decided to go cheaper, ordered the Clubhouse coop, and will just beef up the design if needed. The coop, by law, has to be mobile, so we will make that adjustment.
Now I have to decide on breed, and find a supplier. not sure if I want to get little chicks or slightly older. Will check the other areas of the forum for ideas.
Anyhow, glad to be on BYC- what a great resource!

Thank You Everyone for the warm reply....Sorry it has taken so long to Thank You but, with life on a farm time slips away so fast !
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom