Hello from Massachusetts!

ctk2183

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
So I chose to borrow the handy template to introduce myself, my name is Colleen I am 27 years old

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am indeed new to chickens, introduced by my sister about a week ago, much to my husband's dismay, lol, he is excited at the prospect of meat and eggs growing in our backyard though!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 9 11 week old hens, 1 11 week old rooster, a 14 weeks old rooster, and a 14 week old hen

(3) What breeds do you have? We have a mix the roosters are araucana and mix white cornish, the girls are some nh red, some ri red, some red star and white plymouths

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? again, my sister
smile.png

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? right now anything house or kid related, we just bought our first home in september 2009

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My family consists of myself, my husband we'll call him MV, and our children HV 9 years old, NV 2 years old, and EV 2 months old, we also share our home with Scarface our 3 year old jack russel/boston bulldog mix, Daisy our 8 month old 90lb mastiff mix, and our 3 cats Elizabeth (7), Spanky (6), and Wickett (1 1/2). HV has 3 fish also. We have the chickens, will be adding more, maybe a few turkeys, and hope to add some ducks and 2 geese to our mix. We will use them all for dual purpose and ultimately hope to breed and hatch our own someday. I already look o this site for advice, and see that there is a great variety of bird owners on it. I look forward to spending time getting to know everyone, and thank you all in advance for your advice!

Last edited:
thanks for the warm welcomes guys, I live in north-central mass, right near the NH border. In fact our first night in our new home we were woken up by roosters crowing, I should have known right then that to be cool in this town you have to have cool chickens LOL.

Little sister!!! Hello, and welcome!! This is were the addiction starts, lol! I found it amusing that MV has started naming the chickens... Teriyaki, Honey Mustard, Lemon Pepper... I also must inform you that our kindly cat lady is bringing 3 more chicks home, since the school no longer knows what to do with the chickens they hatched in May. I can't wait to see what they are!

Back
Top Bottom