Hello from Miami, Florida !!

cynthiafz

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Miami, Florida
I am so happy to say that I love this site. I've gotten lots of information - thank you!! I am new to raising chickens. Back in February I received my new babies. I have 10 in total. Silkies, polish, Rhode Island reds, silver laced Wyandotte, barred rock, ester eggers. They are two months old. We could not be happier. I'd like to know if there are any underground Miami chickens out there!!! Lol. When I ordered my chicks - I ordered one of my polish chicks (blue) without being sexed and now I'm worried it might be a roo. As Murphy's law would have it, he/she is the sweetest chick I have. I'd hate to rehome her..... :(

Greetings from Kansas, cynthiafz, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Hope you Blue Polish is a hen! You can connect with some locals in the FL thread in the link below. Good luck and have fun with your chicks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Turns out, my beautiful Grace is indeed a rooster. She, I mean he, stared crowing Friday morning letting us know what we had been questioning all along. He seems to be only crowing in the morning. He is the sweetest out of all. I hate the thought that I would have to get rid of him :( I've been in the same house for 10 years but my neighbors keep to themselves and occasionally say hello. Giving them eggs is not an option to keeping them happy. Does anyone know where I can take "Grace" if it came to that......... Definitely not to anyone who will eat him. Here's a picture of my sweet Grace.

Back
Top Bottom