Hello from Michigan

luvmy4

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
Hi all, I am a want to be chicken farmer.....still trying to figure out the laws here. I am a SAHM schooling 4 kids so far. We do have a vegetable garden but are hoping to start having chickens and goats. Does anyone know the laws for Independence TWP (Clarkston) Michigan? I've been searching and can't find any info!

dancegirl2.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from further up I-75 near West Branch

You're right by my dad. He's on the border between Bloomfield TWP and Troy.

If nothing else, get chickens and when the TWP tries to make you get rid of them, hide the chickens & invite the TWP board over for a nice roast chicken dinner. After they leave, bring the clucks back out.

Oh Gee, you are all too sweet. Thanks for making me feel welcome....I can tell this is the place to be....
clap.gif
Well, we got fencing today and will be renovating our shed.....have no clue what type of birds to get....I want about 15 to start. Perhaps 7 meat and the rest layers.....breed recomendations for MI?

Quote:
Welcome to BYC. On Saturday June 12th our 2nd annual Chickenstock is being held at the Delta Mills Park. If you click on the links in my signature line it will take you to all the pertinent information about Chickenstock. I can't think of a better way for you to meet alot of friendly folks who will be more than willing to try and help answer all of your questions. Last year's event turned out great and this year is shaping up to be even better. There will be lots of birds for sale so you will be able to see alot of different breeds. Plan on coming and spend the day with us, I know you will have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom