Hello from Michigan!

MomThreePointOh

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 1, 2013
We just moved to a 32 acre farm on October 1st and own/operate a horse rescue. Married for nearly 7 yrs, with three daughters whom are 8, 6, and 4 yrs old! Full-time homemaker and Ministry student - lovin' it!

We're looking to get into chickens as soon as we can. Attached is an image of the back of our horse barn BEFORE we started working on it and doing repairs. The caved in roof is now gone (along with the giant pile of old roof/wood and it will be our sawdust savings barn. Then the barn standing to the right will be our chicken coop with a fenced run next to it. We have A LOT of work to do back here :)

We are very excited to get this built up and fill it some chickens. Completely new to the chicken world so I am eager to find out what will work best for our family and learn about the types of chickens out there! And also how to build up our coop to make it nice for them. I am completely OCD and live at the rescue 24/7/365 so being clean is very important to me! Can't wait!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Enbjoy your family, studies and your birds. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the BYC forum. You certainly came to the right site to learn about chickens. Congratulations on your new place. It sounds like the horse rescue will be a wonderful labor of love for the family. You can't have a true farm without chickens, and I think you will really enjoy them.

Welcome to the BYC forum. You certainly came to the right site to learn about chickens. Congratulations on your new place. It sounds like the horse rescue will be a wonderful labor of love for the family. You can't have a true farm without chickens, and I think you will really enjoy them.

Sure can't! I grew up on farms. My poor husband never left the city until he met me. Poor guy, such a trooper though ;)

Back
Top Bottom