Hello from Michigan!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MomThreePointOh, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MomThreePointOh

MomThreePointOh New Egg

Jan 1, 2013
    We just moved to a 32 acre farm on October 1st and own/operate a horse rescue. Married for nearly 7 yrs, with three daughters whom are 8, 6, and 4 yrs old! Full-time homemaker and Ministry student - lovin' it!

We're looking to get into chickens as soon as we can. Attached is an image of the back of our horse barn BEFORE we started working on it and doing repairs. The caved in roof is now gone (along with the giant pile of old roof/wood and it will be our sawdust savings barn. Then the barn standing to the right will be our chicken coop with a fenced run next to it. We have A LOT of work to do back here :)

[​IMG]

We are very excited to get this built up and fill it some chickens. Completely new to the chicken world so I am eager to find out what will work best for our family and learn about the types of chickens out there! And also how to build up our coop to make it nice for them. I am completely OCD and live at the rescue 24/7/365 so being clean is very important to me! Can't wait!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Enbjoy your family, studies and your birds. Welcome to the site.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]and [​IMG] From Virginia, glad you joined BYC!!! [​IMG]

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome to the BYC forum. You certainly came to the right site to learn about chickens. Congratulations on your new place. It sounds like the horse rescue will be a wonderful labor of love for the family. You can't have a true farm without chickens, and I think you will really enjoy them.

5. MomThreePointOh

MomThreePointOh New Egg

Jan 1, 2013
    Sure can't! I grew up on farms. My poor husband never left the city until he met me. Poor guy, such a trooper though ;)

6. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    [​IMG] from NY state. You came to the right place. Best of luck!

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock - can't wait to see the finished coop! Good luck to you and your chickens!

10. applegal

applegal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Greetings and Welcome from a fellow Michigander!
    Best of luck on your new farm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by