Hello from Michigan!

klahti

Hatching
6 Years
5 Years
Jan 23, 2014
Hello all! I am new to being a chicken owner (and ducks too!) and new to this forum! Thanks for having me! My name is Kirsten, and Matt and our daughter Sienna are living our dream. I grew up in the country with horses and wide open space. I did not want to raise my daughter in a subdivision and I wanted to get horses again! But working for GM and loving my job has kept me closer to the urban areas. This summer we were able to buy a house with 5+ acres - still very much in town really - but its what we can afford and works with our full time jobs - location location location right? We now have 3 horses, 5 cats, 3 dogs, 1 mini pig, and 5 chickens and 2 ducks. I just ordered 10 more chickens and 4 ducks for this spring! We are all animal lovers, and the cats and dogs were with us in the sub...but I decided to get a horse again this year - and now I am so happy I do not have to board her! She is my back yard, along with a horse for Matt and an feisty little haflinger for Sienna...we are one big happy crazy family! Its so fun (well not with all this snow right now!) but to be in my own very large yard / pasture and seeing my dog play with the pig, and the ducks chasing the pig and dogs, and the chickens getting into everything they possibly can, the ducks swimming in their own (heated) pool each day - and seeing my horse waiting for me right there. Its a ton of work, but I would not trade it for the world! This spring we are going to build something bigger and better for the chickens and put up the barn for the horses. The barn I can do...but I am learning so much about chickens and ducks! I am so excited to be here in this group and just read all I can!

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!
celebrate.gif

Sounds like a wonderful start! Best wishes! You may want to checkout the Michigan thread! A lot of awfully nice people there!

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

Back
Top Bottom