Hello from Missouri!

Spacekitten7

Chirping
May 8, 2021
Hi!

My name is Amanda and I'm new here (obviously) and new to chickens.
My husband and I promised our 3 boys we would get chickens this spring. My youngest wants to be chicken farmer (haha). So here we are.
We have 3 girls in our little flock. Chloe is a Barred Plymouth Rock, Ellie is a Rhode Island White, and Buffy is a Buff Orpington. We've had them since they were about 3-4 days old and they are now about 7 weeks.
We live in a rural area, Devils Elbow, Missouri and our chicks already kinda have the run of the yard and are spoiled little things. I never thought chickens could be so sweet.
They are mostly pets for the boys, though of course I seem to be the primary care taker. I am nervous about keeping them healthy and safe ... and of course I'm hoping to have eggs someday ... so that's why I'm here.
We do alot of gardening and are really focused on living a more green and sustainable lifestyle.
My husband is a writer who works from home and I am working toward rehabbing and reopening a family restaurant and bar. We have 3 boys in school, 3 cats and a doofy dog.

Thank you for letting me join and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Attachments

• 20210502_101526.jpg
    20210502_101526.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210502_095245.jpg
    20210502_095245.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi!

My name is Amanda and I'm new here (obviously) and new to chickens.
My husband and I promised our 3 boys we would get chickens this spring. My youngest wants to be chicken farmer (haha). So here we are.
We have 3 girls in our little flock. Chloe is a Barred Plymouth Rock, Ellie is a Rhode Island White, and Buffy is a Buff Orpington. We've had them since they were about 3-4 days old and they are now about 7 weeks.
We live in a rural area, Devils Elbow, Missouri and our chicks already kinda have the run of the yard and are spoiled little things. I never thought chickens could be so sweet.
They are mostly pets for the boys, though of course I seem to be the primary care taker. I am nervous about keeping them healthy and safe ... and of course I'm hoping to have eggs someday ... so that's why I'm here.
We do alot of gardening and are really focused on living a more green and sustainable lifestyle.
My husband is a writer who works from home and I am working toward rehabbing and reopening a family restaurant and bar. We have 3 boys in school, 3 cats and a doofy dog.

Thank you for letting me join and I look forward to getting to know you all.
How cute they are ! Welcome to BYC ! Amanda

Back
Top Bottom