Hello from N.E. FL.

Hi everyone. I'm Dawn, and my husband Shawn and I have ventured into chickens, now that we have the land for them. We have 5 chickens that are about 6 weeks old and we have a goose that is a little over a week old.
Hello and welcome. You are in the right place. This site has helped us so much, I can't even tell you. Serious experts here. Enjoy your time here. Lots to learn.

Congrats on finally having enough land to have poultry. Isn't it amazing how quickly chicks grow up?

Geese CAN be a bit nippy, I understand, but the only time my American Buff girls -- who were hand raised by me -- get "dangerous" is when I am trying to steal their precious (but non-fertilized) eggs. They always warn me first by hissing with open bills, so I continue at my own risk. And, I've gotten a "goose egg" bruise from a well-aimed wing as I picked one up when she refused to go into her house voluntarily.

That aside, geese are charming and wonderful. Far messier than chickens, but every bit as entertaining and delightful.

Welcome, Dawn and Shawn, to BYC where you have the opportunity to spend time with people who are smart, generous with their knowledge and supportive when you have challenges.

Back
Top Bottom