Hello from N. Maryland!

BaltimoreWoolCo

Songster
Dec 27, 2016
Millers, MD
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My sister and I have kept chickens on and off since 2003. Around 3 years ago I set up my own little flock.

How many chickens do you have right now?

13 - 11 hens and 2 roosters.

What breeds do you have?

Swedish Flower Hens, Jersey Giants, a pair of Araucanas, a pair of ridiculously cute Swedish Flower/Silkie crosses, and one Dominique who was supposed to have been a Swedish Flower Hen.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities and their beautiful colors! And the eggs are mighty nice too.

What are some of your other hobbies?

Fiber arts, gardening, baking, and DIY.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Fiber artist by day (both production and teaching), librarian in the evenings/weekends. I have an Australian Shepherd and I also keep a handspinner's flock of Jacob sheep, llamas, and alpacas. Hoping to add geese in the Spring.

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My sister and I have kept chickens on and off since 2003. Around 3 years ago I set up my own little flock.

How many chickens do you have right now?

13 - 11 hens and 2 roosters.

What breeds do you have?

Swedish Flower Hens, Jersey Giants, a pair of Araucanas, a pair of ridiculously cute Swedish Flower/Silkie crosses, and one Dominique who was supposed to have been a Swedish Flower Hen.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities and their beautiful colors! And the eggs are mighty nice too.

What are some of your other hobbies?

Fiber arts, gardening, baking, and DIY.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Fiber artist by day (both production and teaching), librarian in the evenings/weekends. I have an Australian Shepherd and I also keep a handspinner's flock of Jacob sheep, llamas, and alpacas. Hoping to add geese in the Spring.
awesopme.jpg

Welcome to Backyard chickens!

Back
Top Bottom