Hello, from Nevada!

Zeebo

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 20, 2013
Hello, from Reno/Tahoe! I am new here and been reading all the posts. So much good information! I’m learning a great deal. Thank You!
I am new to owning chickens but have fantasized about having my own flock for the last 5 years. Determined to have chickens & own a Omlet coop, I watched EBay and Craig list daily. One rainy day as I waited in the car pool line to pick my daughter up from school there it was! A Eglu Go on Craigs list less then 5 miles from my home. I was manic to get in touch with the owner. Speaking to him he had a green 2 year old coop which included 2 beautiful hens that were laying 9 eggs a week. Was I in heaven I asked myself? or Santa is that you? We struck a deal sight unseen and I picked it up the beginning of March. It’s a nice coop the door sticks and requires a little jiggle to open it. Other then that it’s awesome!
The hens Tulip and Sweet Pea acclimated easily. Life is good.
Then...15 days ago we welcomed 4 chicks to our home. They are such cuties we love them and are enjoying getting to know them. (pictures to follow). They are in their brooder in the house currently. I ordered a Eglu Go for them. My thinking is the older girls might not want to share their coop.
So very happy and excited!
yippiechickie.gif

Thank you Ms Ohio Bless you too! Loving chicken life even the poop part!
D.gif

Noel

Greetings from Kansas, Zeebo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you aboard! Love the story of how you became a chicken owner! One bit of advice: Do a little research on BYC on how to integrate new birds to existing birds. Good luck to you and have fun!

Thank you, Redsoxs! I will research before I introduce the big girls to the chicks. I'm in no rush I love them in the house.
Yay its Friday!!
Zeebo

Thanks for saying hi Mr. MKK Farms and Drumstick Diva! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Zeebo!

Thanks for saying hello DDNONIN2016, Such a friendly group! Pictured is Buttercup napping after her first dust bath yesterday. I'm in love!!
Have a beautiful day!
Zeebo

Back
Top Bottom