Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

TanyaP

Hatching
Nov 28, 2015
Been stalking around for awhile. Have been wanting to get some chickens for over a year now. I think I have hubby almost convinced to build me a coop in the spring. Now I'm trying to gather all the information to build the "perfect" coop for my climate. So.many.decisions!!

welcome-byc.gif

There are some general guidelines to follow when building a coop but you'll see a whole range of ideas when you see what people come up with. Some things to keep in mind are: 1) make it big enough, 2) make it as secure as you can to protect against predators, 3) make it easy to clean and 4) allow plenty of ventilation.

You can ask questions about coops here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Good luck, thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif

"Hi!" from fellow Canadian.
frow.gif
I'm from Manitoba...lol.
I've been lurking for a few months (since this summer
hide.gif
) Internet didn't exist last time I had chickens.
gig.gif
old.gif

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. I'm a strong supporter of using sheds as coops. They are ideal and most importantly, it will allow for the age-old problem of chicken maths
big_smile.png

All the best

CT

Hi and welcome. I'm a strong supporter of using sheds as coops. They are ideal and most importantly, it will allow for the age-old problem of chicken maths :D

All the best

CT

That's what I was thinking. And I know hubby can build me a good shed, just need a few mods. :)

Back
Top Bottom