Hello from New England

batteryman17

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
I'm so happy to have found this group. I have been researching ducklings for weeks so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My story is I live in New England have a very large yard but some neighbors close by. What breed is the quietest? I think I'm going to get Cayuga's but would also like another breed.
How do you decide on the sex? Male/female female/ female
How many of each breed do you recommend.
I have 2 sheds And my husband is willing to convert one into housing and making a play area for them. And I also have a great koi pond they would be able to swim in while we are here to watch them.
I get excited more and more each day thinking about getting them.
Thanks in advance for all your imput

welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you joined us!

To answer your questions:

Yes, cayuga's are known for being quiet, so they are probably a good choice for you. They are also good layers, or so I have heard.
If you're not going to breed them, than there is no reason to have a drake, so you might as well get all females, that way you will get more eggs.
However many you want, most people like to get 2 or 3 of each breed. How many ducks are you planing to get?

Good luck with your future flock!

I'm not sure how many maybe 6 is that a good amount? I need another breed if you could recommend another one

I researched them with my koi. Maybe I'm wrong but it said they wouldn't bother any fish over 3 inches. Is that not correct?

My husband finally gave in and said I cold get 4 so now I need best breed of ducklings and where is the place place to purchase from to be shipped

Back
Top Bottom