Hello from New Mexico

red46

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Hi, I'm Judy. Many years ago, I had over 200 laying hens, running all over the place and making demands on me but due to a disaster, I've been 'chickenless' since 1987.

The day finally arrived, when not only did I have the money to start again, but also a semi-appropriate home and yard to handle a load of laying hens and hopefully, babies.
004.JPG

I was trying to do a count and just about lost my mind, instead. So I thought if I took a pic, I could use that to count. Even that didn't work.
smile.png

It didn't take 2 days, for me to realize I had WAY under estimated space, ran out and got more lumber and built an even larger brooder and split up the crowd.

White Rocks. All White Rocks. That's what I had before and I loved them. Nobody can tell me a chicken is stupid.

As if that wasn't enough work, cut out for me, I got all carried away and visited the local feed store. I came home with 3 ducklings and 2 goslings. No one there could help me with sexing, so I did a lot of guessing. I sure hope I have at least one female of each. hmmmm

I just discovered this forum through google and I'm glad to be here.
judy

Back
Top Bottom