Hello from New Mexico!

Tree chickens?! That would be an interesting picture! I'm in the planning stages and only want a small flock, say 5 or 6 hens. Do you have any local (New Mexico) recommendations for getting chicks? I'm leaning right now towards Purely Poultry because I can order as few as 15 and they have all three wyandottes varieties (silver laced, gold laced and blues) that I want. Hope to put the "extra" chickens on Craig's list but if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear.

Oh that is a riot - chickens in trees! They do look very happy, though.

Hatching from eggs seems really intimidating to me. I don't know why since the chicks do all the work! Also, I am off grid solar and incubators/turners look like they need more electricty and for a longer period of time than what I think my system can handle. Research, research, research...

welcome-byc.gif
from Tennessee

Howdy! You live in a great area! We took our entire high school over there earlier this year. Need to go back to the rattlesnake museum!! WELCOME!!!!

welcome-byc.gif
from our small organic principalled farm where we raise and sell milk goats, bunnies/rabbits, hatching eggsand babies from: guineas, turkeys, chickens of all kinds, ducks. Also sell chemical free veggies and cooking herbs and flowers. Enjoy BYC and have a blessed day.

Back
Top Bottom