Hello from New Mexico!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mother_Hen2011, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Hello I am from New Mexico! I have 3 roosters 3 hens and 2 ducks! not to mention 4 awesome dogs! Lol I have a few questions conserning my chickens and roosters! But anyways I am 22 and a mother hen of not only pets but 3 BEAUTIFUL children as well! I have a wonderful husband who has allowed me to indulge myself in owning roosters and hens and ducks for the first ever! Lol I love him lots! If anyone can help me please let me know asap! Have some trouble brewing in the chicken coop! [​IMG]

2. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] from ct! this is the place to be. lots of great peeps here willing to help [​IMG]

3. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:I have 3 EEger hens and what I belive to be 3 Amercuna(I think thats how you spell it.[​IMG] Bear with me Im alittle new to this.) Roosters! One of my roosters developed alot faster than the other two! My hens are called Glory Porscha and Skittlez and the roosters names are Bobby, Nermal, and Plekly! Lol (I know weird names.. lol) But anyways Bobby thinks he is the head rooster and Nermal is the second! Plekly is kind and gentle like the hens.. I have Bobby and Nermal In a seprate coop.(They dont try to kill each other! Yet!lol) and Plekly is with my hens.. It wasnt done on purpose to get 3 roosters because I didnt want roosters I only wanted hens! lol My question is.. What do I do with the 2 meaner roosters? Bobby has attacked my 3 year old several times already and I have done everything I can to keep him from doing it..(hince the reason he is now in a seprate coop) I cant give him the life he deserves here on our little farm.. And my daughter is afraid of him now!(He use to be her favorite!) What should I do with the two roosters????? Please can some one help me... Another thins is.. All of my chickens are about 5 months old now and still no eggs! I have started giving them a laying feed along with scratching feed and they are free range everday until dawn and than back to the coop! Can someone please help me! [​IMG]

4. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:Thanks because I really need some help [​IMG] Lol

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hi, from Big Bear Calif, always good to meet another feather brainier. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC! From what I have read, it's best to have 8-10 hens for 1 rooster. I don't have any roosters, but there are many who do on this site. Good luck and it's nice to meet you.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] You've come to the right place for all your questions. [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by