Hello from New York

Hi Deb
No problem with the accident....it was my own fault.
Our biggest wintertime hobby up here is snowmobiling.I've done it now for nearly 30 years and the wife is just on her 2nd year and loving it.
Now on with the story
The weekend of Jan 7 went as planned...leave fri morning and head to the Tug Hill where a friend has a camp and ride for the weekend.
Went great..rode nearly 400 miles and had no issues. Back to work on Mon and decided that we were going to visit a friend Mon night. Quick ride 15 miles at most.
Made that trip and stopped for chicken wings on the way home, by this time we were starting to get a freezing mist making it slick and harder to see.
Left from dinner and made our way back home...this is where it turns bad. We got less than 1000 ft from our house and I caught the edge of my ski on a guardrail.
It grabbed the sled and sucked it into and under it. The resulting impact was my femur hitting the hadlebar and breaking it in 6 places. When I hit the ground about 10 ft later i broke a bone right off the inside of my hip. The wrecked knee was from the hyperextension from me hitting the handlebars. End result was 1 week in the hospital 6 months recovery and $60000 worth of damadge...thank God for insurance!
smile.png
After a week at home I finally pulled the gps file from the sled and found I was going just 17 mph and I could see my house from where it happened.
Lesson learned?
DON'T RIDE TOO CLOSE TO GUARDRAILS
sad.png

sidenote: i'm not a drinker so take that out of the equasion
smile.png

Thats it in a nutshell
Chris

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! My goodness, what a bad way to "get time" to spend with the chickens. I hope all is healing well and you are back up and around very soon. So glad to have you here.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom