Hello from NH!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by QuarryView, May 17, 2016.

1. QuarryView

QuarryView Just Hatched

May 17, 2016
    Hi all, new member here! I've been stalking the page for a while and decided I should probably just join in :)

We are in the beginnings of starting our family farm and currently have 20 chicks (straight run: 4 bantam silkies, 7 barred rocks, pullets: 1 black autralorp, 1 gold laced Wyandotte, 2 silver laced wyandottes, and 5 americanas - phew I think I got everyone! We've lost 3 chicks so far - 2 from our first batch of 13 and 1 from the second batch of 10, and we should be getting 6 more barnyard mix chicks in a little over a week. We've also got 4 khaki Campbell ducks. Quite the crew!

Two goats should be joining us late summer too.

The chicken coop is almost done and the duck house will be arriving this week so we'll be working to get the runs and fencing up and hopefully have he ducks and first batch of chicks move outside Memorial Day weekend.

I've learned a ton from all of you already, and look forward to learning more and getting to know you all! Thanks!

2. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Your farm project seems to be progressing well. There's a forum for ducks, and goats, among many other livestock options, so be sure to check them out.

Best wishes
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by