Hello from NJ, soon to be PA

RhondaLee

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 20, 2013
Hello! I am not one to join sites, but I found myself constantly looking at BYC and decided to finally make it official!! I have been owned by chickens for two plus years now. I am definitely addicted. I have 7 regular size hens, 2 bantam hens and 4 bantam roosters. I know the hen/rooster ratio is off, but earlier this year when I picked the banties, I didn't know what I was getting. The solution, to which my 4-year old daughter is very happy with, will to be get more hens when we move.

To that end, I have a question for you folks. We are moving 150 miles from NJ to PA. We thought we would have had the move completed by now, but you know how moves go.... Anyway, I'm kind of nervous, because my regular size hens are going through their first molt. It's nothing terrible yet, but moving itself is stressful for chickens, let alone while going through a molt. If all goes well, we should finally be on our way to PA within the next 2 weeks. Any suggestions for how to make this a successful and less stressful move for the chickens?

Thank you for any suggestions.

welcome-byc.gif
I have never moved chickens, so I really do not know. I would most definitely have a coop ready for them when they get there. I would probably keep them in it for a couple of weeks to teach them thats their home. Good luck!!

Welcome to BYC, and congratulations on your new home. Crate/box the birds securely and introduce them to their new coop. I can't predict any problems on such a short move.

Back
Top Bottom