Hello from NJ :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hens & Hounds, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
    Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone while I have a spare moment...I always come to this site whenever I need any help w/ a question & I can't tell you how much I have learned from the wonderful members here! I find myself getting a little addicted to this site or that's what my husband says LOL I do not know if I can upload pics of my flock but my husband did make me a online photo album so here goes [https://picasaweb.google.com/TheDogOwner/ChickenPhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCKbWtvXF__nsJA&feat=directlinkl] We have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 EE's, 3 Silkies & 1 Polish. Our 1 Silkie just crowed for the first time last week, was so cute [​IMG] Our coop & run isn't completed yet as we still want to add awnings over windows & doors & need a new tarp along w/ a gable vent as we think the ridge vent & soffit vents are not enough. If anyone has any other suggestions/comments please do not hesitate to let me know as we are new to this & want to make it the best it can be for them. We have 2 rescued coonhounds also 1 male named Buddy who is Plott hound & 1 female named Jolie who is black & tan/dobe mix & they are the best chicken protectors, we would never let the chickens free range w/o the dogs out to guard for overhead predators. They are the best chicken protectors we could ever ask for! I hope to make the time to meet everyone & continue to learn from all of you, you guys are the best! All my best! Jackie

2. SavanahSilkies

SavanahSilkies Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    [​IMG] We are both new eggs!!! Would love to see pics of your flock.

3. shortstaque

shortstaque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Bucks County, PA
    Welcome from your neighboring state across the Delaware. It is a great site for researching, and now that you've joined you can ask the questions directly. Sounds like you have a nice mix of birds. I'll have to check out the pictures. BTW, you can post pictures directly in your posts using the Upload tool found at the top center of this page in the blue toolbar. Glad you joined us!

4. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma ! [​IMG]

5. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Welcome from NC! [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010