1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Nor Cal

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hollyoak Ranch, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Hollyoak Ranch

Hollyoak Ranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Hello Folks! I have raised chickens for close to 30 years now. I have owned several different breeds but mostly Rhodies, Black Australorps, and Araucanas for egg production. Black Copper Marans have recently caught my attention and I am looking to get some eggs or birds to start my flock soon. Since I have bred and exhibited dogs for a long time, breeding chickens to a quality standard holds particular interest for me. We have a small, 20 acre farm that is home to not only our chickens, but goats, geese, horses, cats & dogs (not to mention my dear husband and me.) We garden organically - veggies, fruits, and herbs. Looking forward to learning, sharing, and conversing here.

Susan

2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Welcome. [​IMG]

Your place sounds wonderful! And you definitely fit in here. Check out the Marans thread - you'll find plenty of discussion there on the breed. I just got a couple BCMs myself (hatched week-old chicks) and think they're so beautiful.

3. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    [​IMG]

4. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Welcome from Oregon!

5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps