Hello from North Carolina!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Laina, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Laina

Laina New Egg

Jun 22, 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I have been browsing BackYardChicken for about a year (since my boyfriend and I got our first chicks), and recently decided to become a member! In 2009 we purchased 3 Americana (Auracana/Easter Egger) chicks, all hens. They were all raised indoors until several months old, and then were placed in a fenced in outdoor "pasture." A few days later we lost our first chicken to a hawk, and the remaining hens came back inside. $150 later we had a predator-proof roof for our girls and they went back out. We were fortunate to have no other issues with our hens, and have since moved and built them a nice size coop at our new house. This spring, we ordered 2 more Americana chicks from the feed store where we purchased our first 3. We are excited about our new additions and are enjoying watching them grow [​IMG] We stuck with Americana's because our original 2 are so tame! We regularly pick them up, hold them, pet them, and carry them around. These birds are my first chickens, and I LOVE having them! I look forward to learning more about chickens through the BYC forums!! :-D

Laina

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

I am in Nags Head on vacation right now [​IMG] Enjoy the chickens and the forum [​IMG] You can't stay away now that you've joined [​IMG]

4. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA!

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Hi [​IMG] glad to have you !!! [​IMG]

6. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps