Hello from North Central Florida

ThePamperedPullet

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2008
North Central Florida
Hello to you all. My wife and I have started a new flock of kids. I have had many Chooks over the years but this is new for my wife. We thought it would be fun to get just a couple and now we are up to 76. All ages from just a couple days old to old retired pairs. It is an ADDICTION. We have decided that we would take in any unwanted kids and either keep them or try to find them good homes. So this is where we are at. Our kids are very spoiled. We have our favorite which is our Pampered Pullet Goldie (Buff Orp). She actually gets mad if you walk into her pen and do not hold her. We have Buff Orps, Barred Rocks, New Hampshires, Americaunas, that are our breeders. We also have Sex-Links, Leghorns, Austrolorps and Old English Games in a free range area. Then there is the Orloff, the Banties, the Jersey Giant and a few mutts. And then there is the pair of Buff Brahma Bantams that are our retired stock. Oh, I almost forgot, we also just got a pair of Welsummer chicks. I guess you could say that we are not prejudice. Besides all of these, we also have a 18 year old son who is getting ready to go into the Air Force, a chow/newfoundland mix dog (Cocoa), my mother, and all the bugs and critters that Florida has to offer. We look forward to conversing with you all and sharing our thoughts to help along the way. We will post pics of some of our kids as time goes along.
Thanks in advance
Eric and Leisa

welcome-byc.gif

Where in FL are you? I'm in Gainesville. I don't have as many chickens as you, but I might if I keep hatching them! Interested in any BRs or Frizzles? I'm hatching some as we speak.
ya.gif

Hey PamperedPullet Welcome to BYC I'm in Taylor county just north of you all. We have over 100 chickens right now. Started off with a small flock that DH wanted and it has grown and grown. We have Polish, Cochins, Orpingtons,Black Australopes,Speckled Sussex,Americanas'Sexlinks, Rhode Island Reds, and a whole bunch of Banties 31 and counting lol Oh yeah thats just the chickens you don't want to know what else DH has lol

Welcome!! My welsummers just started laying beautiful dark eggs, you'll love them!
big_smile.png

Good Morning BluRoo
Babies are doing great. Have the little ones inside along with the Welsummers and the 3 older are in an outside small pen with a couple that we had. But all doing great.
Thank You

Union County checking in here.
I have about a 100 chickens now of several different breeds, mostly RIR's, Dominiques, and EE's.
I have recently bought some Silkie chicks ( 27) as twice I tried eggs and twice my hatchings failed. I can hatch any but those lil fuzzy butts...lol
Have 25 RIR's in the incubator right now. Today is day 12 with them. All are looking very good so far.

Back
Top Bottom