Hello from northern California!

mamachick96101

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 16, 2013
Hello! I'm a new member but have used backyardchickens.com since I was introduced to the life of raising chickens last spring. Have to say, I never imagined myself a chicken person. I ABSOLUTELY love chickens though and so its very nice to find a place where other people seem to love their chickens maybe even more than I do! I work for a Veterinarian hospital and even the staff thinks my love for chickens is silly lol! Whats funny is my husband and son love them as much as I do! I even talked my brother into raising a few. Anyways, I started last year with what I told was Black Copper Marans but I have since found out there have been a whole mixture of maran genes in the batch. We started with 8 and this spring we had four left. We now have 6 golden comets, 6 barred rocks, 6 road island reds and 3 black sex links. They are all pullets. Right after we bought our new flock, one of our Marans became broody and we allowed her to. She hatched two out of six eggs and we have two little brozed Turkey babies as well. Good thing we have a HUGE backyard!!

Cant wait to meet new people and other chicken enthusiasts :)

My mama hen, Nugget and one of her chicks riding on moms back :)

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome from Jacksonville FL

When I was growing up in San Jose (off snell Rd) A bunch of neighbors had stealth coops. I used to house sit for them.

Enjoy your chickens

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom