Hello from northern lower Michigan

trbtm134

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 14, 2010
I found BYC quite by accident, as I was searching for coop info for chickens AND ducks. Boy, am I glad I found you! Been reading and learning a lot the past few weeks and decided I should probably join the fun. In April of this year I started out with 8 hens of unknown breed from some friends who moved here from Missouri and couldn't keep them. Then my hubby bought some ISA browns, and now we have a total of 17 "girls" and one rooster that a "friend" dropped off one evening. We are selling eggs to all the neighbors, who just rave about how much better tasting they are than store-bought. (well, of course!)
Other than the girls, my hobbies are sewing, crocheting afghans and toys, riding my quad all over our ten acres, gardening, both veggie and perennial, and painting ceramics and concrete lawn stuff, mostly eagle statues lately.
I have a husband of 6 years, One black lab/german shorthair, one springer/spitz, one pomeranian, three rouen ducks, and my 17 girls and 1 rooster.
Am so happy to have found people who love chickens like I do!! Thanks for being here!

welcome-byc.gif
from Maine
frow.gif

Quote:
Nice of you to welcome me to the forum! Thanks. I'm sure I will be posting more once I get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom