1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from NW Missouri!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Passionate for poultry, May 19, 2009.

1. Passionate for poultry

Passionate for poultry Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    NW Missouri
    It started with 6 chicks from TSC- 3 pullets and 3 straight run. I have never been one to sit idle for long and I was running out of projects.....so here we are. I now have added 25 cornish for meat, 3 black laced wyandottes, 3 straight run bantam, and 3 ameracauna (spelled right?) The feed store had them listed as "Americanas", but I believe that is incorrect.
    I have been reading everything I can get my hands on to learn about my "little ones". Still trying to figure out how to sex them, with no luck. Tried a new technique yesterday, by looking for the male sex organ to no avail. Oh well, guess I will have to wait a few more weeks. The first bunch is going on 8 weeks and the second bunch just 3 weeks.
    I hope to acquire about 10-15 more, preferably silkies, polish, and some feather footed varieties, but not sure of the best place to purchase yet.
    Wish me luck!
    Jessica

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

LUCK &

[​IMG] from Washington

congrats on the chickens

Imp

3. chickens3

chickens3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Eau Claire, Michigan