Hello from NY!

G’Day from down under Deca
frow.gif
Welcome!

I too enjoyed reading your introduction. I am sorry for your loss though; they were adorable!

Good luck with your new chicken venture!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

If you don't want/can't keep a rooster, you can always buy fertile eggs and hatch in an incubator. Of course some chicks will invariably turn up to be males as well.

So - read up and learned a lot!

The brooder is all set (automatic feeder, waterer with nipples, heat pad, bedding). Got Chick feed (medicated) and chick grit. Anything I'm forgetting? Still thinking about vaccinating them..but do they need further medicine, vaccins, sprays, whatever?

Then, back in the Netherlands we sprayed the pullets and coop with a red-mite killer. Whats the best to use here? Ready to spray, don't feel like diluting etc.

Thanks!

Deca

Back
Top Bottom