Hello From Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CLutze27, Feb 1, 2017.

1. CLutze27

CLutze27 Just Hatched

Feb 1, 2017
    Ohio
    Hello everyone, I'm new here, and wanted to say hi. The flock I've got now is my first attempt at raising chickens. I've got 3 silver laced wyandotte and 3 gold laced, 2 barred rocks a well I'm not sure what she is, but she has feathery feet and is grey with black speckling, and kind of a mutt rooster. Everything going good so far, birds have started laying and everyone appears happy. I will say this though, I'm an HVAC technician by trade and I find my self sitting at night trying to come up with more ways to over engineer the coop with spare parts I've gathered from work. Pleasure meeting all of you and I look forward to learning more about raising my birds and helping where I can. Here is a pic of my room, I think he is pretty cool looking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and [​IMG] from KY! Glad you joined the BYC community.

You have a nice assortment of breeds - I have a GLW and a SLW, myself, and had a Barred Rock until she tangled with a fox (this girl had attitude). All good layers and full of personality.

That is a very handsome roo...what mix is he?

3. CLutze27

CLutze27 Just Hatched

Feb 1, 2017
    Ohio
    Honestly couldn't tell you. He came as a fertilized egg that a lady my wife works with gave us and we hatched under one of my father in law's hens that was being broody.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, CLutze27, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community! As a relative newcomer to the chicken game, you might consider spending some time in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It is loaded with helpful articles spanning the range of chicken keeping. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

7. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Barnyard mixes are some of the best birds, IMO. [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful rooster, what is his personality like?

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under CLutze27 [​IMG] Welcome!

He is a handsome boy!

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

10. CLutze27

CLutze27 Just Hatched

Feb 1, 2017
    Ohio
    He is pretty laid back for the most part. Doesn't get too uppity when i come around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by