Hello from Ohio!

mettermom

Hatching
7 Years
May 16, 2012
Hello! I am a 5th grade Science teacher from Ohio. As a class project we have been incubating chicken eggs. Unfortunately, I think they may have gotten fried on the night of day 21.....When I came in to school this morning the temp was 105! I am so sad! I think all of our hard work thus far is for nothing! When we left yesterday the eggs were moving around, but no peeping noises or pips. This morning I found one egg that had pipped, but the temp was through the roof! I don't think I've seen any real movement yet today....my eyes may be playing tricks on me because I think I am imagining movement. What do you all think? Did we fail on the last day?

If this batch isn't successful, I think my children and I will try another batch for our summer project at home. Anyway, I'm glad to be here, even if we aren't successful!

Oh no
th.gif

Well, good luck with the next batch and welcome to BYC!

I'm in Columbus, OH. Welcome to BYC! Did you manage to get the temperature back down? You may get lucky and still get some chicks. Just be patient. Good luck!

Lisa

Thanks! Yes, temperature is back down and seems to be holding steady. Not sure why or how it went up. Thanks for the well wishes!

Back
Top Bottom