Some of the turkeys with our guineas:

R1-07055-0022.jpg

The sleeping pile:

sleepychicks1.jpg

"Handsome", "Opal" and "Ruby"

cochins1.jpg

Hello! We are Okies too
big_smile.png
We are in Central Oklahoma, near Shawnee. What part of the state are you in? Hubby and I bought a lovely little 5 acre farm in September 2010. I LOVE the new life style. I would not go back to the city for the world!
CUTE Goats and Pretty birds
big_smile.png
Our little Ralla (She is a Human Princess. Just ask her she will tell you. She is NOT a goat! lol) that was born during the Blizzard in Feb looks just like your Goatburger!!!
That is amazing that you got your dogs and your guineas trained like that!! Good Job! My Doberman and Goat Guard Dog think they are fun to chase. Trying to break them of it is a trying chore! We started off with 24 and at 6 months we are still at 18. (Dogs only got one).

We decided we loved the chickens so much we got more chicks this spring. We have 9 left from the original 12 we bought when we got with the Guineas in September. (Dog got one of them too
sad.png
, one died as a chick, and the other was a MEAN Roo) It has been an adventure!

What flea market did you go to? The one in Midwest City has a whole section of Barn Yard animals too. I'm always afraid to go through that section for fear I bring someone home with me hehehe.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am in Midwest City, but I grew up in Shawnee.

Greendecember, if you are anywhere near TwinLakes/Bethel WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!!!! There are butt-loads Copperheads where it's dry and Moccasins where it's wet out thataway.

edited to add:

It's Mary's Flea Market in MWC and yes, you have to be careful there. Most of all careful about bringing something sick onto your place to infect your healthy animals.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well Hello Neighbor!!! I grew up in California and moved to Shawnee in 2005. I LOVE Oklhaoma!
I have resisted the urge to bring anything home from the market thus far. LOL Have you been to the Maud auction? Are you going to the POOPS event?

We are farther south of the lakes. Past 9 & 102. A friend of ours who runs horses in this area found a copper head. I REALLY need to get a snake identification book. I just assume they are all poisons until otherwise noted. Right now I am trying to figure out what the flock of small dark colored birds is that has set up in the area. It is a HUGE flock. Easily 100+ birds. I swear they can blot out the sun when they fly past!

Back
Top Bottom