1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Oklahoma.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tika75, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Tika75

Tika75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I bought my baby chicks the Friday before Mother's Day 2015. We had four but lost one due to an accident. Not knowing what we were doing, we didn't start getting eggs until February 10th. I didn't know that where they roost and where they nest are different places. Oops. I want to enlarge my flock this year.

[​IMG]

The darkest back on is Alucard. We lost her in February.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined our community.

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

Do you have a coop for your birds? It's been my experience the chickens roost and lay in the nesting boxes that are in the coop.

I'm not sure I understand your set up?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. Its always reassuring to know that chicken maths is alive and kicking, so good luck with your new additions.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

6. Tika75

Tika75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Yes we have a coop. Nothing fancy, but it keeps them safe. They were roosting but not laying. After I made some changes and added just a place to lay is when they did start laying.

7. Balloonjuice

Balloonjuice Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2013
    Styx, TX
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by